Code of Ethics
- APAA members may not maintain inventory for sale, accept artwork on consignment or act as private dealers in any transaction.
- APAA members maintain lawful practices, complying with state and federal laws in taxation, exercising due diligence in researching the provenance of recommended acquisitions, and refusing any requests by clients or vendors to subvert the law in any fashion.
- APAA members should not perform services that would be, or appear to be, adverse to the interests of his or her client unless those services are fully disclosed to the client and the client provides advance consent to the services in writing.
- APAA members do not accept financial compensation that creates a conflict of interest between the member and their client.
- APAA members do not solicit or accept compensation from service providers or vendors.